Why is Malaysia a good country for trade shows?
If you are looking for a country to exhibit or attend a trade show, you might want to consider Malaysia. Malaysia is one of the most trade-friendly countries in the world, with a diverse and competitive range of products and services that cater to various sectors and markets.
Here are some reasons why Malaysia is a good country for trade shows:
– Malaysia has a developed infrastructure that supports trade and business activities. The country has modern and well-equipped exhibition venues, such as the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, the Malaysia International Trade and Exhibition Centre, World Trade Centre and business friendly hotels such Royale Chulan Kuala Lumpur, Hilton Kuala Lumpur, Shangri-La Kuala Lumpur, and JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur. The country also has an efficient transportation system, including airports, highways, railways, and public transit. Malaysia also offers reliable and affordable telecommunications, internet, and utilities services.
– Malaysia has an English-speaking business and consumer environment that facilitates communication and networking. English is widely spoken and understood in Malaysia, especially among the urban population and the business community. Many Malaysians are also fluent in other languages, such as Malay, Mandarin, Tamil, and Arabic. This makes it easier for trade show participants to interact with local partners, customers, suppliers, and media.
– Malaysia has a well-established legal framework that protects trade and investment interests. The country has a stable political system and a sound judicial system that uphold the rule of law and contract enforcement. Malaysia also has a favorable tax regime, with low corporate income tax rates, tax incentives for various industries, and double taxation agreements with many countries. Malaysia also allows foreign investors to repatriate capital and profits without restrictions.
– Malaysia has a growing affluent middle class that drives consumer and business demand for quality products and services. The country has a population of over 32 million people, with a high literacy rate and a rising disposable income. The country’s middle class is expected to account for 50% of the population by 2025, according to the World Bank. This creates opportunities for trade show exhibitors to showcase their offerings to a large and discerning market.
– Malaysia has a strategic location that connects trade show participants to regional and global markets. The country is situated in the heart of Southeast Asia, one of the fastest-growing regions in the world. The country also has strong trade ties with major economies, such as China, Japan, India, the United States, and the European Union. The country is also part of several free trade agreements, such as the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP), the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP), and the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC).
These are some of the reasons why Malaysia is a good country for trade shows.